- 1kg thick Rump or Hanger Steak
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Cut the steak into 6 or 7 chunks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Worcestershire, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, spices, onion and olive oil.
- Season meat well on both sides, then place in a flat non-metallic dish or baking tray. Cover with the marinade and chill for up to 1 day.
- Bring to room temperature 1 hr before grilling.
- Heat an outdoor grill or griddle pan until very hot. Pat the meat dry and drizzle with a bit more olive oil, then season.
- Thread 2 thin metal skewers through 2 of the steaks and repeat for the rest of the steaks.
- Grill for 3-4 mins on one side, then turn over and repeat. Let the beef skewers rest under foil for 10 mins, then slice and serve with your chosen sauces.
Try serving with potato wedges or a salad to make a tasty meal! Leave us a comment with how you get on.